TrishaBoyLove

Trisha Harrington's Blog

Mature Content  - Megan Erickson, Santino Hassell

I haven't been doing that great with reading (or reviewing when I do read) lately. But I want to make more of an effort again. So I'm going to try and put my thoughts into words for this one.

What can I say?

Megan and Santino are the perfect writing due. I get excited every time I see there is going to be a new book in this series and each book has been a hit for me so far. Each book. I am not exaggerating. I love them. They are like crack.

This is a lot lighter than the previous book in the series, Hard Wired, which might be a bonus for some.

Beau and Zane like it rough. And sexually, they're compatible, but they do not like each other. Which is a shame, because compatible. But like every good enemies to lovers romance should have, they start to warm up to each other once they continue getting hot and heavy. Then feelings grow and they start wanting more from their relationship.

Both characters were great. Zane wasn't afraid to distance himself from his crappy family, but also loved his grandmother and had a great relationship with her. Beau was doing his best to recover from what his ex did to him, tried to add some positivity to the world, but was also able to admit in the end that a lot of it was forced. I loved that he supported Zane with his channel and wanted to see him succeed. I loved Zane's honesty and the fact he wasn't ashamed of himself.

Some amazing secondary characters here, too. Zane's grandma for the win!

I will admit to cringing at one particular scene and wanting to bang my head against a wall. I saw the incident coming a mile away and knew something would happen, but Lord was it brutal. Took away from my enjoyment a little, tiny bit. Not a whole lot, though, and I would still recommend this!