Trisha Harrington's Blog

All the Rage - Courtney Summers

All The Rage has been on my radar for months. I've seen a few friends read it and I've had people recommend it to me. I knew I was going to read it. I just wasn't sure when.

I read it a little over a week ago and I can't stop thinking about this. I keep going back to this book, back to Romy and her story and the story of the other characters in this book. Including the characters I felt nothing but anger for.

This book was impossible for me to put down. Every time I told myself to take a break, that I was getting angry, I would keep reading. When it was almost finished and I didn't want it to be over soon, I urged myself to take a breather. But I didn't.

Once I was finished this book, I let out a big sigh and went over it all in my head.

The rage I felt while reading this lasted for hours after.

All The Rage is not an easy book. This is not the book to read if you want a sweet YA romance. Because this is not that story.

This is a story about rape. About rape culture. And about the aftermath for the victim of a rape, who is not believed for the most part and who has to live in a town where people judge her for telling the truth.

This book is brutal and real and honest.

All The Rage is not a graphic book. But it doesn't need to be. Romy's thoughts and feelings alone are enough to leave an impact and enough to make me want to recommend this again and again.