Trisha Harrington's Blog

Falling - Suki Fleet

I'm pretty new to Suku Fleet's books. I've read one other one and have been meaning to read more ever since. I'm glad I chose this as my second read of hers because it's the type of book I normally read. Sad and heavy at times, with some sweet moments and some steam.

I love the writing. Suki Fleet's writing is beautiful and always sucks me in. This book is in first person present tense, which I know will put some people off. But if that doesn't bother you and you like deeper books, then I would definitely recommend taking a chance on this.

Josh, our MC, was a little hard to like in the beginning. He grew on me over the course of the book. I ended up loving him. Josh is a survivor. He survived crippling mental illness that left him unable to cope with day to day life. It led him to multiple attempts to end it all, until he finally got the help he needed. But even after getting that help, he wasn't fully there.

Angus won me over almost immediately. He was such a sweet guy and I really liked his personality. He had his struggles, too, but was genuinely a really sweet person.

I loved the two of them together, when Josh finally gave in and admitted he liked Angus. Seeing their relationship develop filled me with hope.

I'm really looking forward to reading more from this author. I think I'm onto a new favourite of mine!