TrishaBoyLove

Trisha Harrington's Blog

Cherish the Land (Lang Downs Book 5)

Cherish the Land (Lang Downs Book 5) - Ariel Tachna 4 stars!

Cherish the Land is the fifth book in Ariel Tachna’s Lang Downs series. I’ve been a fan of this series for the last couple of years and I always love visiting the Lang Downs men.

Seth and Jason’s story has been on my radar for a while now. When I heard book five was going to be their book, I was ecstatic. And I’m so glad Ariel Tachna finally gave us their story.

Seth and Jason are best friends. They have been since they met in book two. Friendship isn’t all that’s between them, though. But neither is willing to admit it out loud. Both of them are with others in the beginning, though Seth is broken up with his girlfriend after the prologue. But Jason is dating a jackaroo, Cooper, for a while. It bugged me. And I couldn’t take to Cooper at all for that reason. I didn’t want him and Jason. I wanted Seth and Jason.

When they finally get together, it isn’t easy. Even though everyone on the station is happy for them because they’re finally together, they still have things to overcome. Mostly Seth’s demons. There were times it was hard to believe he was suffering so much because I never really sensed it in the other books. But it did make sense.

Luckily, Jason was patient and loving with Seth. When everything came out, he was there. And he loved Seth.

There was also a bit of a side story with Sam and Jeremy, the couple from book three. It was a little surprising, but the resolution was great. I really felt for Jeremy and everything he was going through.

This sort of feels like it could be the end of the series, which is a little sad, but at the same time, I’m happy with it ending here if that’s what the author decides. The epilogue with Caine and Macklin was perfection. I love those two and since they’re the original couple, it seemed fitting.

I really liked this book. Maybe not as much as some of the others, but it was still really good and left me in a happy place. I’m so glad Seth and Jason got their happy ending.

A copy of this book was provided by Dreamspinner Press in exchange for a fair and honest review.

photo Potential-OTDU-Banner-9-Smaller2_zpsf0878d67.png