Trisha Harrington's Blog

A Gentleman's Position

A Gentleman's Position - K.J. Charles

This book was a little bit of a surprise for me. I know I've loved the other books in this series and everything from K.J. Charles that I read before, but Richard is not my favourite character, so I was a little unsure about this one.

A Gentleman's Position was just as amazing as all of K.J. Charles other books. I loved it pretty much straight away and I got caught up in Richard and Cyprian's story.

I love Cyprian. He's always been a character I wanted to find out more about and I'm delighted I had the chance. He's one of my three favourite characters in this series (Harry and Cyrus being the other two). He helped me fall in love with this book and is part of the reason, as well as the authors fantastic writing, I have softened towards Richard.

I'm never going to be a Richard super fan. But I like him a lot more now than I have in previous books. His past, as well as getting his thoughts and feelings, really helped me understand him more and I came to like him more and more, after some struggles along the way.

This book had me in stitches. I wasn't expecting it to be so funny. But thanks to Cyrpian's brilliant plan, which I did see coming, I couldn't hold back my laughter. That scene is a standout for me in this whole series and cemented this book as one of my favourites.

I'm sad to see the series end. But I'm glad these characters have found their own happy endings and I really hope we get to catch up with them from time to time.