Trisha Harrington's Blog

If You Knew Jack

If You Knew Jack - M.C. Lee This book was so frustrating, I almost can’t believe I enjoyed it as much as I did. There were times while I was reading I almost wanted to scream at the top of my lungs because I was getting frustrated. It wasn’t with the story… No, the mystery element is amazing and I love that it’s YA, too, because I’ve never read anything like this before. It was more the romance part for me that left me wanting to scream.

The romance in this isn’t the main focus. Anyone who reads this should not expect a romance novel because this is more mystery with a romance in it. The couple, while I am rooting for them, can be so frustrating at times. The situation isn’t ideal. There are trust issues and issues with how they started out as a couple. I understood Jack feeling the way he did about Leo. I really got that. It was enjoyable to see him battle with his feelings while being angry because of the events in the first book.

Then you have Leo. I liked him in the first book. I thought he was a great character. Then some stuff happened and I was left feeling unsure about him. In this book, I was back and forth all the time. Sometimes I did genuinely like him and other times I was ready to scream at him. So I’m still not sure why I want him and Jack together as badly as I do. I think it’s because of the times I really felt like he cared about Jack.

I mentioned earlier that I was frustrated with the romance part of this book… and I was. But I also love this book, or pretty close to it anyway. It’s interesting, and I enjoyed seeing what would happen next. I was left wondering if certain things would happen or wouldn’t happen. I was sucked in.

Then you have the ending which makes me want to read the next book. I really want to see what will happen with Jack and Leo and I’m definitely interested in seeing what will happen with Jack’s new assignment. I don’t know how it’s going to work out, but I have a feeling it will be really interesting and I’m definitely excited.

Overall, this is a really good series for those who like YA mystery novels, who don’t mind less romance than plot. This series will keep you gripped and wanting more. I’m giving it 4.5 stars because I can’t stop thinking about it and wanting more… Plus I love Jack and want more of him.

A copy of this book was provided by Harmony Ink Press in exchange for a fair and honest review.

My review can also be found on Greedy Bug Book reviews.