TrishaBoyLove

Trisha Harrington's Blog

Red Dirt Heart 2 (Red Dirt Heart Series)

Red Dirt Heart 2 (Red Dirt Heart Series) - N.R. Walker I finally got to read this. Finally! I loved the first book, Red Dirt Heart and I wanted to read the sequel before I'd even finished the book, and I'm pleased to say it didn't let me down. This book is another amazing book from N.R. Walker. I always fall in love with her stories and her characters and they always leave me wanting more.

Charlie and Travis are one of my favorite couples of hers. They're just so good together and I love the stubbornness of both men, even if that does cause some issues in their relationship. I don't know, it feels very real to me or something, but it's not depressing or anything. Sometimes you can have realistic without it being too much of a downer. I love that no matter how much these guys fight, you don't doubt how much they genuinely love each other. That became even more obvious when they thought Travis would have to leave. I'll admit, I was a little worried myself.

I turned to face him then and fought back tears. “I can’t do this without you.”

His face fell and his lip trembled. “Yes, you will,” he murmured.

“It will kill me,” I told him, trying not to cry. “If you get on that plane, a part of me will die.”

The secondary characters in this series are really good. Like some others, I did worry about Ma in this one, and I'm not really relaxed right now either. There is more to come from these guys, so I know it could come back up in the next book.

Matilda was so cute! And I can't wait to see what happens with Nugget (you'll have to read to find out who they are).

Now I just have to wait for the next book, which is coming out in September. I'm so excited!