TrishaBoyLove

Trisha Harrington's Blog

Trust the Focus

Trust the Focus - Megan Erickson 5 amazing stars!

I love this book! I love it so much, I’m not sure why I didn’t read it sooner.

Trust the Focus can be frustrating at times. It’s angsty. And drove me a little crazy at times. But it felt real. Everything from the friendship between Justin and Landry to the struggle Justin had with coming out and finally, the eventual romantic relationship that developed between them.

Justin isn’t the easiest character to like at times. He says some things that really hurt Landry. But I found it impossible not to like him. This story is told in his first person POV and I loved it. I loved reading his struggles with his sexuality and the relationships he had. And I loved seeing him grow.

And I adored Landry. Even though we don’t get his POV, his presence in this book is very strong and he was such a great support to Justin. Just as Justin was to him.

Now I was the only one who could bring Landry back from the brink. When his nerves sent his mind into a tailspin or his anger lit a fire in his gut, I’d grab his hair and slam our foreheads together, forcing him to use me as his anchor.

There are a lot of great secondary characters in this. From friends of the boys to Landry’s parents. And then there was Justin’s dad and Sally, who were both a huge part of the story and the reason these boys were taking the trip.

“It’s like he’s here,” Landry said, eyes soft. I squeezed his hand. “He is here. And he’s smiling.”

Justin’s mom wasn’t exactly likable. But she was believable and felt real.

Justin and Landry are the perfect couple! I was rooting for them from the beginning, through the good and the bad. I knew they needed to end up together. I knew I was desperate to see them as a couple. And they were perfect. And their HEA left me grinning.

“You’ve always had your hooks in my heart. You just finally let me into yours.”

“I get that, and I deserve it. But I’m telling you, Landry Jacobs, I have loved you, I do love you, and I will love you for the rest of my life. And if you can’t believe that yet, I’ll spend every minute of our lives proving it to you.”

I’m so glad I finally took the time to read this book. Meeting Justin and Landry was an amazing experience and I’m really glad I took this journey with them. I can’t wait to read the next book in the series and more from this author in the future.

photo Potential-OTDU-Banner-9-Smaller2_zpsf0878d67.png