Trisha Harrington's Blog

Close Quarter

Close Quarter - Anna Zabo I really did like this book. It was a great, interesting read and it kept me entertained. It started off strong, and built into a book that I could enjoy without too much trouble. I loved the MC's. Together they were amazing. Apart they made me want to bang their heads together, but that is a good thing.

It was a different book for me. The cruise ship mixed with paranormal fantasy has not been done a lot before. I liked that and enjoyed seeing the two MC's meet and Rhys discovering his heritage. That did kind of throw me for a second, but once I got into it I was able to think, yeah, that makes sense.

The one thing that made me stop was Silas had a dead lover. I normally don't read those kinds of books, but this one was different. Although the dead guy was Silas' only love before Rhys, he chose Rhys when he died and went back to Rhys. That is something that warmed my heart. I was glad he could move on, and understand things as they were.

The book could be a bit confusing at times, but I would say it's well worth a read. You might love it, you might hate it. But one thing is for certain, I really, really enjoyed it!