Trisha Harrington's Blog

Signs - Anna  Martin Perfect Trisha book!

Sometimes I fall in love with books that I wouldn’t typically fall in love with. Other times the books I fall in love with are more my thing. But it isn’t often I stumble across a Trisha book. They are hard to come by for me and what I normally find is someone has to recommend them to me before I decide to read them, just like with Signs.

The MC’s, Caleb and Luc, meet on Tumblr after Luc reblogs one of Caleb’s photographs. What starts out as friendship, turns into more in a very realistic way. I like that they were friends first. It made the connection stronger to me.

The relationship between Caleb and Luc is beautiful. They both have issues to deal with. Caleb with his hearing, or lack thereof, and his social anxiety and his feelings of not fitting in with the deaf community. And then you have Luc. Luc, who has family problems and has to struggle with an alcoholic mother and a deceased father who never really cared for him.

I love that Luc wanted to learn ASL. And I love that he didn’t just rely on Caleb to teach him. He went out and he learned with the help of the internet and some other people. He did that because he wanted to communicate with Caleb better and I thought that was very sweet and it definitely made me feel the love he had for Caleb.

These boys support each other and are there for each other, through the good and the bad. Things take time and they grow in their relationship. Everything remains solid between them, though, even when something knocks one of them back. The love and respect between them was beautiful. It’s amazing the way they adore each other and everything feels mutual. Not once did I feel like one loved more than the other or that something really bad was going to happen between them. They were solid. They communicated. They went at their own pace and it was perfect!

Some of the secondary characters I loved. Others not so much. But all played a part of the story in one way or another. I’m glad they had support.

This could be seen as NA or YA. I’m kind of in the middle. I loved it either way. I loved that the boys were each other’s first. I loved those intimate moments between them. They were very sweet and very powerful. It felt right for this story and these boys.

A very easy 5 stars from me. I absolutely loved this story. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect.

A copy of this book was provided by Dreamspinner Press in exchange for a fair and honest review.

photo Potential-OTDU-Banner-9-Smaller2_zpsf0878d67.png