Trisha Harrington's Blog

Warrior's Cross

Warrior's Cross - Madeleine Urban I am a huge Abigail Roux fan. I loved her Cut & Run series, so when I heard about this book, I jumped right in. The dynamic's between the couple in this book are different from the ones in that series. This was faster, more insta-loveish. I'm a fan of either, so that didn't bother me at all. Although I know it will bother some. The book was amazing, brilliant, and a fast favourite of mine. I loved it.

Cameron's a waiter, and Julian was a regular customer at the restaurant he works at for a few months. Julian never spoke, so when he did one day, it threw Cameron slightly. The sexy, mysterious, stranger finally spoke. And that started something Cameron would never would have anticipated before. It was lovely the way they started, although I might be the only person who thinks so.

Their relationship took off fairly quickly. Once they both got around their... um... shyness - yep that's the word I'm looking for. They ended up having sex. I actually found them kinda cute, Julian especially. Not saying I don't love both of them, but the mysterious Julian was kinda hot. Cameron was - kill me for saying this - as cute as a button. He was so naive to the real world, I was unsure of how they would work. But they did!

There were secrets kept in the book. Secrets Julian kept for a reason. But it did cause them to break up. I got why they did here. Julian needed to keep Cameron safe, and of course Cameron didn't want to be lied to. I understood both men and couldn't find it in myself to take side. They were both right. And in the end, the men were able to make up, so it was all good.

One thing that pissed me off - nothing to do with the book really - was the fact I didn't cop on to the fact Julian is Irish. How stupid can I get? Maybe the fact he didn't actually have an accent kind of threw me off.

I highly recommend this book to fans of Abigail Roux or maybe just people who like really nice reads. It was romantic, cute, and sweet, all wrapped into one book.