Trisha Harrington's Blog

Elements of Retrofit

Elements of Retrofit - N.R. Walker Really great story from a really great author. Definitely a very solid read. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the series. One thing I would love to see is more confidence from Thomas. Yeah, he and Elliot were really sweet together, there were some things that niggled at me just a bit. More confidence would fix those.

It's a May/December romance which I love, although it has to be done right. Just imagine the romances where the younger guy (person) has more faith and confidence in the relationship. It's kinda typical there only Thomas (the older character) did come around in the end. He was open with his son, Coopers best friend, and things got on track. I liked Ryan's reaction. It has to be awkward to realise your dad and your best friend are dating.

Copper was great... for the most part. Some of his reactions were unexpected. Yeah, I didn't expect all the reactions from him. Not that they weren't understandable. It's just, he seemed more mature some of the time, then he wasn't. Then he was again. I liked that he was real in that sense. Everyone has a childishness in them. His definitely came out around Thomas.

Elements of Retrofit is a lovely story. It's the start of a series, so I am really excited. And I cannot wait for the next one.