Trisha Harrington's Blog

Glitterland - Alexis Hall Meet Rylan Clark.

He was an X Factor contestant. Darian from [b:Glitterland|17727137|Glitterland (Glitterland, #1)|Alexis Hall|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1364942814s/17727137.jpg|24797122] so reminded me of him. There was a difference. I was not a fan of Rylan during his time on the X Factor. That's maybe putting it mildly. But I adored Darian here. He was sweet, lovable, and yeah, he might not have been the smartest guy in the world. But there was something lovable about him.

[b:Glitterland|17727137|Glitterland (Glitterland, #1)|Alexis Hall|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1364942814s/17727137.jpg|24797122] is just an amazing book. I totally fell in love with Ash and Darian and their journey. Alexis Hall, the author, has got a really wonderful book here. Maybe Ash wasn't the most likable guy. I will agree with that. But for some reason I couldn't stop myself from liking him.

The up's and downs Ash faced felt so incredibly real. He seemed so low at times and that just... I don't know, it felt emotional even when it was humorous at times. And even when he treated Darian badly, I felt sad for him. He was really at a low point in his life and he wasn't perfect. But who is?

The Essex speak wasn't annoying for me. I will admit, I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the accent. But I adored it in the book. And most of the time I do really love it. And combine the accent with the authors writing and I was hooked. It was just perfection and it all made me incredibly happy.

Overall, I think this is a book worth reading and I can't wait to read more from the author.