Trisha Harrington's Blog

The Last Thing He Needs

The Last Thing He Needs - J.H. Knight This is a very easy 5 star read. It was angsty and there were things about Tommy that drove me up the wall and the relationship between him and Bobby seemed rocky a lot of the time, but you know what? It felt real. It made me feel like I was in the book, in the story, and I wanted good things for these guys. I wanted them to get their HEA.

This isn't just a romance, though there is quite a bit between Tommy and Bobby. This is about a family. One that's struggling. The "parents" are just despicable addicts who really add nothing to their lives but hardship. They honestly do not need them. It's like they are in their lives to suck all the happiness out of them, and after a few chapters I wanted the same thing to happen to those two. I don't know how parents could do what they do.

Bobby and his mom, Judy, are wonderful. They help this family become a happy one. Bobby is just what Tommy needs, even if Tommy isn't able to admit it for a while. Judy is like the mother/grandmother all these kids need (Tommy included). They never had much before her and Bobby.

This is not an easy read. There were times while I was reading that I wanted to throw something out of frustration, but I kept going. Partly because I always finish a book, but the main reason was I needed these characters to get a HEA. I needed to see them all end up happy. Okay, maybe not all. There are a couple of characters I mention above that I don't care for, but Tommy and the kids? Hell yes!

I absolutely love this book! This is my type of read. The angst was heavy and brought me down at times, but in a way that made a proper impact. It was very easy for me to fall in love with this book and these characters. I'm so glad I finally got around to reading it!