Trisha Harrington's Blog

Zach's Secret

Zach's Secret - Matthew W. Grant Zach's story is about a boy coming to terms with his sexuality and the worlds struggle to accept Zach. I love reading books about teenagers struggling with their sexuality. Most of the time I do not make a connection to the characters or find them realistic or fitting to the way the story is told. What Matthew W. Grant has done is developed the story and the characters together in a book that can be read by anyone. No matter how young or how old they may be. Zach's character was well developed and I love how he grew through the book. A great character can make a book, and he certainly did for me. Key was just an amazing character and I loved him from the beginning. Characters like him really get my attention. I do not know what its like to be gay, but I do know what it is like to be different and at the end of the day this book is really about that. When I read it I could not find the perfect way to describe it, but the way I can describe it is real. This book is real and shows real emotion and real personal discovery. I highly recommend this book :)