TrishaBoyLove

Trisha Harrington's Blog

Ravages

Ravages - R.A. Padmos Beautiful, tragic and thought provoking. My favourite love story.

[b:Ravages|11962139|Ravages|R.A. Padmos|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1397825834s/11962139.jpg|16924644] is the first book by [a:R.A. Padmos|5019198|R.A. Padmos|https://s.gr-assets.com/assets/nophoto/user/f_50x66-9e23bac89f169d02e43709e42b361705.png] I have ever read. It is one of the most beautiful books I have ever read. From the style of writing to the characters to the love story that left a permanent mark on me. I have so much praise for this author and her wonderful writing style. There's nothing I can complain about with this book. It was magical, beautiful stunning and a true love, story.

Don't expect a story that is just simply a romance. This is not a simple story about two men in love. This is a love story about two men, two football players, two friends who find love in each other. Who find their soul-mate and their life long partner. I found my true romantic in this book. It was always there and came out with this book. You might find a tragic tale, you might find a happy ending. Who am I to say?

This book is hands down the most romantic book I have ever read. It's an amazing story of love, survival and friendship. Daniel and Steve were perfect and wonderful and in the end they were love. I know some people won't understand why I say this. But if you read the book I think you will know what I am saying. Love has a way of taking away a life, but it also has the power to give back life.

Spoilers Steve was brutally attacked and during his recovery and even when people thought he would die. Daniel never gave up on his life and stayed by his side during those dark days. Keeping vigil at his bedside.

“He’s in unbearable pain and he’s beyond exhaustion. Some of the more serious damage to his body, to his brain, may well be permanent. I know that. And I shield him from the only thing that can free him from his suffering. What I do is cruel, I know that too. Consider me love’s ugly face.

At sixteen years of age I can say I have never experienced this type of love before. One day I hope to. I want to have my own Daniel, a man who will stand by my side during the good and the bad. Who doesn't presume the worst when he hears something bad. He never doubted his Steve, he never doubted Steve's love for him.

“If love is weaker than death, if it’s as light as a feather, what’s its use?”
“I have no idea why he was in that park at that moment. He’s a grown man; he can walk wherever he pleases, whenever he pleases. I trust he will tell me everything. Why? Because he loves me. Believe me, I know. How do I know? How do you show your wife – you do have a wife? Or a boyfriend? – you love her? I don’t like your insinuations. As I said, I can imagine him being lost,

I loved the authors writing style. She wrote this beautifully. It's in the present tense and for some that may be confusing. But the beauty of the story shone true for me. No matter how many times I re-read lines or stopped and waited for something else to happen I never got tired or bored. I was left wanting more. During my two favourite scenes I was happy and left with a feeling in my stomach that didn't go away.

Spoiler.Daniel proposes to Steve after Steve tries to set him free. But true to this book and to this couple they worked through it. Daniel couldn't let go to the man he fought so hard for.

The ending.Daniel talks to death for the second time. Unlike the first he willingly lets him take his Steve. But he goes with him in the most beautiful ending for a book I have ever read.

“If you want him, you will have to go through me.” Steve takes his husband in his arms, shielding him. “You can take me too; I’ve already been blessed beyond what I could have hoped for when he chose to love me. The two of us or the deal is off. “He is my beloved and my friend. I stake my claim.”

My thoughts on this book are still fresh in my head. But there are too many of them to do a good review. This one will have to do because I don't think there is a way to describe this book the way it should be described. I could tell you about the wonderful story, the wonderful characters and the beautiful love story told. None of it seems enough for this book. Many people don't believe in the one, but I chose to believe there is one special person in the world for us all and in this book Steve and Daniel found their person in each other.

Nothing would give me more pleasure right now than to tell you about the journey that spans fifty years. I just can't give you more than I have. It was a unique experience for me and one that has left me thinking about the magical, lyrical way their love is described. I can only tell you to go and read this book and fall in love the way I did.

Love is a wonderful thing and for you to really understand what love means you should at least try this book!