Trisha Harrington's Blog

Inherit the Sky

Inherit the Sky - Ariel Tachna Loved this!

Inherit the Sky by Ariel Tachna, is the first book in the Lang Downs series. I found a book that I loved and wanted more and more of. It was a book I had as a 3 in my head before I read it. I'm a huge fan of cowboys but sometimes coming out books annoy me and it makes me want to scream because it feels like a waste of time. This book was not one of those though, I did get frustrated, but not in a bad way.

This book is no [b:Bareback|628283|Bareback (Bareback, #1)|Chris Owen|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1348984049s/628283.jpg|614623], this would be more my thing. It had no cheating and the story was better overall and had a lot less sex. I found this kind of sweet in places, even when Macklin annoyed me with his behavior. If you like Aussie characters you will love this one. I think people that love to see a character grow could love this because there was some personal growth in this.

The story started with Caine staying at his parents after a break-up. He was feeling down. Not because he was madly in love with his ex, but because he felt like it was his fault. His mother finds out her uncle died and she's his next of kin. From that Caine makes the decision to fly out and run his station. It's in Australia he meets Macklin.

Nothing happens for a while and then they kiss. The kiss started a sort of relationship. It was really up and down for a while. Macklin frustrated me a lot, but I could also understand his reluctance to come out. One of the hands (Neil). I wanted to beat him for so long. He was an ass.

They do break up and that part of the book was a break from the issues they had. In the end though there was something good that came from Neil. He got trapped and Caine had to rescue him. He then changed his tune and said he would stick by Caine. It also lead to my favourite scene. Caine almost drowns and Macklin pulls him out of the water, then kisses him in front of people.

Highly recommend this book!

Highly recommend this!