TrishaBoyLove

Trisha Harrington's Blog

Touch & Geaux

Touch & Geaux - Abigail Roux My review contains some spoilers!

My heart stopped several times reading this and it has just been left exposed for the world to see.

This book blew Ty and Zane up. Some things in hindsight some of the secrets were not that shocking or unexpected, but you do get a shock when reading them. This book brought me to the brink and back. It stomped on what I knew about Ty and Zane and gave a little something too.

Ty and Zane have never been the A typical couple. I honestly think they were always rocky in a way. There was so much they never seemed to talk about. I think every book until now built up to this one. There was always a sadness about Ty, it was explained here.

He kissed him again. In front of their coworkers. In front of King and Country and anyone who would watch. It was the first purely honest kiss they’d ever shared. And it was a kiss good-bye.

My first thought when Liam Bell was introduces was WTF!! He was not what I had expected and yet he was brilliant. I enjoyed him as a character even if he pissed me off several times. His role in the book was a lot smaller than I had thought. It was good though, I have a feeling he will be back.

The death of a character was well built up and to be honest it did nothing for me emotionally. I wasn't sad and that was good. I was expecting to throw something when the character died, it was a pleasant surprise when the character was gone and I didn't have to worry anymore.

Ty's brothers in arms were back! I loved them in this, even Nick, kinda. Well, not really. But I'm tolerating him a bit more now. Hopefully that won't change in any of the future books, but I am not holding out much hope of me really liking him in this series.

If you have read the others, you will know that Ty always ends up injured. At this point it's not even funny the amount of times he gets injured. It happens again in this. Of course I should expect it, but it does not help me feel any better about how dangerous things get for him.

I saw the potential for more crossovers, another one with [bc:Warrior's Cross|6782412|Warrior's Cross|Madeleine Urban|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1355864076s/6782412.jpg|6916543] or [bc:The Gravedigger's Brawl|15817882|The Gravedigger's Brawl|Abigail Roux|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1344628296s/15817882.jpg|21545248]. I would like to see that happen because it makes for an interesting story. Plus I would always like to catch back up with old characters. I think maybe even the three of them could work well together with the right story.

“Who are you, Ty?”
Ty smiled against his cheek. “I was an assassin,” he whispered. “I’m a Marine. I’m the man who doesn’t miss. And I’m yours.”

Zane bit his lip on a smile. “Who are you, Zane?” Zane cocked his head. “I’m an artist. I’m a geek.” He felt Ty smile. “I am one badass motherfucker on a motorcycle.”

Ty began to laugh. Zane dipped his head until they were staring into each other’s eyes. “And I’m yours.”

I really can't wait for the next book now and I hope that it will be as action packed as this one. I would like more sappy though, they had a tiny bit in this, but there could have been more. This was more learning their relationship and developing as a couple. This was about starting again.

One thing I will say about this series is Ms. Roux was right. If you think about it the secret (one of them) was hinted at during the first book.

Epic read and I cannot wait for #8. It will kill me to wait, but it will be worth it!