TrishaBoyLove

Trisha Harrington's Blog

When One Door Opens

When One Door Opens - J.D. Ruskin I loved Logan and Caleb. And this book had me gripped from the first page. The story itself was really interesting and I found myself unable to put it down until I had it finished. I was a bit skeptical but I didn't need to be. It was one of the sweetest books I have read in a long time.

The story was kind of different for me. An ex-criminal who has a drink problem (Logan) is asked by his boss to look after the boss's nephew. And the nephew (Caleb) is afraid to leave the house due to agoraphobia. It all develops from there and their relationship begins as a friendship with mutual attraction. And then it develops.

I really loved Logan. He was a sweet character who just needed a second chance. And he was getting it after a struggle. I found him to be really interesting and I loved him instantly. There were some parts I wanted to give him a nice big hug and comfort him. He really had very little self esteem. Which was similar to Caleb who was almost the same in that are. They both believed the other deserved better.

Caleb was just a sweetheart. I felt so sorry for him with the way some people treated him. And then the loss of his mother on top of that. It all just made him really afraid. I was so glad he and Logan ended up with a HEA.

Overall I would really recommend this book to anyone who likes sweet characters and a nice interesting story. :)