Trisha Harrington's Blog

Exposed - Skylar M. Cates I really enjoyed this novel. It was one of those I think you will either love it (like I did) or hate it. This story is basically about two characters who meet and fall in love because of a lie and their relationship is put in danger and the aftermath of the reveal of the secret. It was not a big shocking story, it was simple enough in a lot of ways, but highly enjoyable.

Rafe and Daniel for me were total opposites. Rafe was out and proud and had lost a lot of family in his short life. Daniel was closeted and although he had his reasons they weren't the most propelling reasons. I did love the pair as a couple though. They had chemistry and there was just something that drew me to the story.

The sport did not overtake the story. I am clueless when it comes to golf and not really interested, but it didn't take from me enjoying this story. When golf was mentioned, I was able to stay with the story and I didn't lose interest, which could easily have happened. The journalism part was more interesting for me. I always love stories that have a journalist falling for a celebrity. They make for a great read.

Overall, I would say this was a great read. I would love to read it again some day and I think I will enjoy it just as much. The characters and the plot was what drew me into the story and in the end I was sad when it finished. Honestly, I would recommend this to anyone who likes a good contemporary read, a book with an celebrity MC or just looking for a good read in general.