Trisha Harrington's Blog

Choices and Changes

Choices and Changes - K.L. Belanger This was a really nice gay for you. It was also one of the most realistic ones I have read in a long time. One of the things I really enjoyed about this was it wasn't just the straight character who had issues adjusting. But the gay character, too. I think the way the relationship between Bo and Erick developed was not only very realistic, but also, very sweet.

I think people will be kind of fooled by this book. The cover is amazing and it doesn't really give away how much serious stuff is in this book. Bo and Erick had their issues. Those issues stemmed from their pasts and they were real. I think the way everything was dealt with was perfect. Nothing felt overly rushed or that unbelievable. It also explained some things about the characters. I won't give anything away, but one of my tags does give a bit of a spoiler. So let's just say, this book will not be for everyone.

There was an element of family in this. I liked it. The sister-in-law was a really cool, strong female character. I did love how she handled the men in the family, too.

If you don't mind a gay for you story, or want something that feels realistic, then this might be the one for you. There are a mixture of nice, sweet moments and of darker ones. But this book deals with everything perfectly. And I highly recommend it.