Trisha Harrington's Blog

Muscling Through

Muscling Through - J.L. Merrow The opening line made me laugh!

This was one of the sweetest books I have ever read. When I started the book I didn't know what to think. This is funny, sweet, cute and just overall a good feel book. I was anxious about reading this, I thought it wouldn't be for me but I loved it, I really did. Between the MC's and the secondary characters I was able to laugh through most of this book.

Al was very slow. I would not say anything else about him. He was too much of a sweetheart for me to say more and I did worry when I read the kiss between him and Ren. But, he was that innocent that I had to say he didn't seem to know what he was doing until it happened.

There were some characters I hated, others I really liked. I loved how Al described people, including Larry's dad. That would make me laugh every time. Larry was perfect for Al and their differences seemed to make them even more perfect for each other. The way Larry stood up for Al made me smile every time.

I cannot say how much I loved this. It was such a simple story in many ways, but so very funny too. I was so happy with how the book ended, it made everything seem so perfect. I would have loved if it had been longer, but it was perfect either way.

Highly recommended!