TrishaBoyLove

Trisha Harrington's Blog

Ball & Chain

Ball & Chain - Abigail Roux OMFG! That book was just... wow! Thank God I didn't hear any spoilers because.... UGH!!! The next book might kill me.

Do not read this review if you don't want to be spoiled.

I woke up this morning and saw that this came out early! Early! So I raced over to Riptide to download it and I didn't stop reading it until I had finished. My God, this book was just... I'm blown away. And I don't know how to say it without ruining this book for others. So just avoid spoiler tags if you don't want to know.

For a long time I wasn't really as into this book as other ones. Yeah, I was really enjoying it. But it was staying at a 4 star rating. Maybe it was all the Nick and Kelly stuff that was mixed in with Ty and Zane, which I didn't really want. I wanted Ty and Zane not the other two. Then you add the fact most of it was Nick who I don't really like. So that was a downer, but I sort of see why it was included, although it hasn't swayed me towards reading the next Sidewinder book. I'm just going to wait and see what happens. Maybe I'll finish this series before I move on to the other one properly.

Anyway, this book was so good and I was so happy with where Ty and Zane went here. This book didn't really test their relationship. And I was grateful for that. But we did get a few shocks along the way. One for Zane, two (sorta) for Ty. One wasn't exactly all Ty's, it was his family and I will admit, I was kinda sad for a while. Richard Burns is dead. And that was connected to the whole mystery in the story and it was soooooo good. I was devouring it and trying to put two and two together. And then we got another shock and I am now thinking really hard about stuff I have wondered for a long time now.

And then we get to the ending. So, as I stated in my review earlier, this was a 4 star book and it wasn't really swaying one way or the other, it was just... 4. But we had a few scenes that made me smile really hard, and I think those were part of the reason I was able to still really enjoy this as a solid 4 instead of it sinking. So when the ending came and Ty proposed to Zane for the 4th/5th time, and Zane finally said yes I was finally like HELL YES And I realized that it was probably going to end up one of my favorites of the series.

Overall, I was so happy with this book. It was everything I wanted, but I didn't know it yet. It's kind of set up the next book already. And now I'm really excited about reading it and I hope will will get some more answers. But this is definitely a 5 star read for me forever.