Trisha Harrington's Blog

Fire For Effect

Fire For Effect - Kendall McKenna This is the sequel to [b:Brothers In Arms|17284064|Brothers In Arms (Recon Diaries, #1)|Kendall McKenna|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1359095014s/17284064.jpg|19092070]. I loved the first book and I adored this one. It was hotter and definitely sappier without being over the top or losing what I loved about the first book. I will not hide the fact that I'm a fan girl for military men. That's just me.

Kellan was the main focus of this story. It was nice to see a bit more of him this time, we got a lot of Jonah too, but this was his book in a way. He is still the more approachable, friendly of the two MC's but no less hot or sexy. I enjoyed delving into his feelings for Jonah and he's not a major jealous freak which is always nice.

Jonah was not as front and center but he is a marine to the core. His attitude is sexy and his loving nature for Kellan is endearing. We saw a hint of his softer side in this one. Especially in one sex scene. I was happier than I would have thought to see that. Especially when you consider how much I do love him.

The relationship took more focus this time around and for that I was grateful. We got the I LOVE YOU scenes that were missing from the first book. We also got more sex scenes and the impact of their separation time. The epilogue was just mean and I would love another book. Pretty please Ms. McKenna. Give us another book!

Highly recommend this series!