Trisha Harrington's Blog

Louder Than Sirens, Louder Than Bells

Louder Than Sirens, Louder Than Bells - K.D. Sarge This is such an amazing, wonderful, emotional story and I seriously want more! These characters are just so great together and they make me want more. I don't know why I didn't read this before, it sounds so good and it's free! But I guess books, even amazing ones, get pushed to the side when you have a lot of books on your tbr. I'm definitely glad I finally had another little push from a wonderful friend to read this. And I didn't just read it, I devoured it and I was engrossed in the whole story.

I can see why people might have disliked Alan. At first, I didn't know what to make of him, but he grew on me and I did feel sorry for him, even before we found out about his family. I really saw Lukas falling for him and I loved watching it. Honestly, it was hard to know if things would work out well or if things would really have to go to hell before they could end up somewhat happy. And things did go south pretty badly, but nothing felt hopeless, which was the thing I really appreciated about this story, I could see the relationship working if they worked at it. And the ending, although it might not be everyone's thing, really worked for me and it confirmed that things would be okay and it made me feel like the HEA was a proper one, not just something passed off as a HEA but really is more of a HFN.

This book wasn't just about the angst, though. There were some funny parts in it and some really fun characters. Like Lilia. She was awesome and wonderful and honestly, how could you not love her at least a little bit. I also loved Will, Bea and eventually, Lukas' mother (although that took a little bit of time, but she was really a decent character in the end).

I'm pretty much finished here, but I want to say I love this story one more time. Because I do, and I think others will too. It's probably the kind of story that won't work for everyone because it can be a hard read and not just because of the angst, because of Alan. I just think there will be people who might like this story, and it's a freebie to boot! So I'm finished here and I hope people will give this one a shot because it really is good.