Trisha Harrington's Blog

Plan B

Plan B - SJD Peterson This was a sweet story. It had a mixture of cute moments and frustrating moments, but I definitely loved it. I don't have an issue with flamboyant characters as long as they're not annoying. Danny was the perfect example of one who wasn't. He was flamboyant, sure, but he wasn't over the top for me. He was still an enjoyable character and I loved his view on a lot of things. He was a man that had a bit of a temper.

Danny and Lance were good together, for the most part anyway. A couple of scenes pissed me off a bit. But I liked the way they were in general. Especially in the epilogue. That was just adorable, sweet, cute, and left me with a smile on my face. It was nice to see how much Lance had changed, and how confident he was in himself. I had started off a bit iffy about him, but that changed several times while I was reading this. I never hated him, though. I just wasn't sure what to make of him. Kind of like Danny, I guess.

Bo and Katie were really great secondary characters. It was nice to see another book where the open guy had a straight, male, best friend. Danny and Bo together were kind of cute themselves. They had a brotherly sort of relationship. It was strong and there was no huge, over the top, argument between them. There was no drama from them.

It's easily a 4.5 star read. The separation isn't something I really like in a book, and while I understand it can be important to the characters story, it's still not something I love in a book. It was done okay here, but I would have liked Lance to get his head out of his ass earlier. But it was realistic in that respect.