Trisha Harrington's Blog

Dance With Me

Dance With Me - Heidi Cullinan For some reason the blurb didn't draw me into this book. I held off for months thinking this would be okay at best. Boy was I wrong. Apart from one scene this book was perfect for me. I loved the couple, the plot, and the general feel of the book. I was drawn in from the first chapter and I fell head over heels in love. An added bonus was I found myself grinning through most of the book. It happens sometimes, but not quite that often.

Ed and Laurie are the boys here, and they were just so adorable together. There were miscommunications, lack of communication, and sweetness. They had their issues. One was recovering from a football injury, and the other had issues with having to leave dancing behind. It was dancing that brought these two together... And now let me tell you, I'm not big into dancing, but this book never made me lose interest. Even though dancing was a theme, it wasn't the book. It didn't take over, and for that I am grateful.

This book had some incredible, hot love scenes. Some would find them sappy or too sickly sweet. And to be honest, they were sappy and sweet, but they were also really hot. I mean really. I loved the way Ed treated Laurie like... well, like a prince almost. He was incredibly lovely during those scenes. He made sure Laurie felt desired and wanted. He did everything in his power to make Laurie enjoy sex. I think, together, they made a wonderful couple both in bed and out of it. They just needed to communicate. And dancing was brought up during the sex scenes. I thought it would be annoying, but it was sweet.

A couple of people suggested Ed's pain could have been dealt with better. Maybe. I can see why people would think that. But I don't like my romances going all over the place. Ed's pain was a big part of him as a character - and not in a bad way, either. It played a part in his personality. Had the author concentrated more on his pain, I would have lost interest a little bit. Both Ed's and Laurie's struggles were dealt with satisfactorily. I couldn't complain.

I really did love this book. And I didn't think there was anything that could have changed how much I love the book. It was a solid 5 star book... Then we had the hot tub scene. While I could have overlooked that, it was just as detailed as the rest of the book, and so it couldn't be overlooked. So it brought my rating down... slightly. But still.

For fans of the author, or sweeter more romantic books, I would recommend giving this one a go. It really is amazing.