TrishaBoyLove

Trisha Harrington's Blog

A Little Bit Country

A Little Bit Country - S.J. Frost I never read the short story by the same name, so when I started this, I had no clue who the characters were. I know a lot of people had been waiting for this, and so was I. But I wasn't one who had some knowledge about these characters and the basic plot. I'm glad that I hadn't read the short story because I went into this reading a new, fresh, book. And I loved it!

[b:A Little Bit Country, A Novel|18192843|A Little Bit Country, A Novel|S.J. Frost|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1373765658s/18192843.jpg|25598343] might be deemed as too sweet for some readers, but as most people know, I love sweet books. It has elements of enemies to lovers even though the two MC's hadn't met before. But I liked that about this book, it was nice that the MC's knew of each other before the book began.

Jackson and Ash were a really cute couple. They bickered and the made up and it was super lovely. I loved both of them as individual characters and as a pair. They had great chemistry. Even when they were fight in the beginning I loved their chemistry. During their arguments, I could see the sexual tension leaping off the page. Of course, with Jackson being in the closet it added a teeny bit of drama to the story, but the story was generally an easy read.

Some of the secondary characters were great. Ash's bandmates and Jackson's family as well as Elizabeth, Jackson's best friend. With the good there is always the bad, but Clint was like a fly, he was swatted away and we didn't have to deal with him afterwards.

A lot of people would have preferred more angst. This book had them as a couple pretty quickly. But I, for one, am glad that it wasn't a major issue. There was no cheating or big break-up's for unnecessary drama. It had it's drama, but it stayed as an easy read that was enjoyable, memorable, and damn adorable. I couldn't have asked for a better book to put a smile on my face.

I can honestly say, I would recommend this book to fans of the author, musicians, or people who want a nice read in general. It's a great book.