Trisha Harrington's Blog

Conquer the Flames

Conquer the Flames - Ariel Tachna Okay, so I want to try and write a spoiler free review, which is going to be impossible. But I do have to say, I loved the book. Conquer the Flames has less Caine and Macklin than the others did. For me, that was a good thing, this couple needed more time in the book than the others really did. I'm not going to really say why, but both MC's had their issues. And those issues needed to be done really well and they needed to be a focus in the book.

In the Lang Down's world, this book jumped 5 years into the future. We had new characters that weren't in the original books. I had expected it at some point, mainly because of a couple that should be coming up. For those who have read the series, I will gladly say that things are headed in that direction and it was so obvious here.

Anyway, back to this book. Ian and Thorn were a great combo. But don't let the cover fool you. If you want lots of hot sex then this is not for you... Ian had issues, and those issues stopped them from jumping into the sack. There were kisses, though, and talks about emotions - sometimes, anyway - and a really, really beautiful rescue scene. I love watching one hunky MC save the other. I'm kinda addicted to those things.

These two were definitely different to the other couples. There was less issue with them becoming an actual couple. Honestly, the issue was with sex. It's not a simple thing. But the MC's came together... I won't say easily because neither was actually out. The issues they had were to do with Ian's past, which I won't spoil. But he was a foster kid.... Enough said.

As a fan of the series, I am really loving these men. I'll always have a soft spot for Caine and Macklin because they were the first couple. But I think all these characters have wormed their way into my heart. I would highly recommend this book to fans of the series.