Trisha Harrington's Blog

Serenading Stanley

Serenading Stanley - John Inman I am a huge fan of [a:John Inman|709667|John Inman|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/authors/1328927747p2/709667.jpg]. He has become one of my favourite authors and I love reading his books whether they are funny or serious. This was one of the funnier ones with a few romances thrown into the mix. I will admit, I had hopes all of the Belladonna Arms residents would find love, but most of them did, so I'm happy.

If I have to pick a favourite character, Sylvia would definitely be it. She was just perfect and I adored her. I know she wasn't an MC, but I still loved her and she had me worried about her for a while.

Stanley and Rodger were really cute and sweet together. Yeah, it took a while for Stanley to trust Rodger and to let him in, but once he finally came around, things went smoothly for them. It was nice seeing insta-love that was really believable. At least on Rodgers part it was true. Everything he did made it quite obvious he loved Stanley. Especially when he was fighting for a place in Stanley's heart and Stanley was fighting against it. Then the confession at the end left me with a huge grin on my face. The title of the book is definitely fitting.

There was a lot going on in this book. The secondary characters all helped the MC's, even Stanley's mother in her own way. I loved how they all had their own little romances in the book, even if some didn't get a HEA of their own. The book ended in the perfect place for me without being too long or too short.

Definitely one I would recommend. Funny, sweet, and has a really nice central romance.