Trisha Harrington's Blog

Christmas Kitsch

Christmas Kitsch - Amy Lane This was a really sweet story from Amy Lane. It was also the perfect story for fans of holiday romances. It was almost perfect, but for me it's only a 4 star book.

I loved almost everything about this book. I really mean that. There were some incredibly sweet moments and the couple couldn't have been more adorable together. I loved Oliver's family and Rusty's sister. I liked the family drama when it came to Rusty's parents. The feel of the book was really great! It just wasn't perfect in my eyes. Sometimes our little pet peeves get in the way, and here one of mine got in the way with this one, so it didn't get the full five stars from me.

Even with all that, I think I will read this book again. I was smiling sometimes and I fell in love with Rusty and Oliver. Starting out as friends always makes a story so much nicer for me. And when there is no ass in the book, that is an added bonus. Here, neither of the characters was an ass, not really, they just had to find their way to make the relationship work.

Would I recommend this book to others? Yes! All you have to do is look at the reviews, this is a really great book and I had no real issues with it. It was just my own peeves.