TrishaBoyLove

Trisha Harrington's Blog

Enduring Instincts

Enduring Instincts - S.J. Frost This was another great addition to the series. For me, it wasn't as good as the first book, but I still really found myself captivated by the world and the characters. I was glad Daniel and Ryu finally found happiness together. Especially after all they had seen and faced, both together and separately. If you want a really dark and gory romance, don't read this series. The books aren't really that dark. They are romances and so you shouldn't expect more from them.

If you didn't like Daniel in the first book, I still believe you should give his story a chance. I found Ryu to be perfect for him. He wasn't Titus, but they both had their past loves, and both were able to move on. Ryu's experience with love was better - sort of. But it doesn't mean he didn't struggle with things. I found it to be believable. His grief was real. And his love for Daniel was just as real. The author was able to write a really great balance for me. Not only did I feel the MC's connection, I also felt it to their other loves. Loves that were respected by their partner and so they were able to move forward as a couple.

While this wasn't my favourite, I did enjoy seeing the beginning of a genuine family. The first book sort of started the foundations for that. But these characters are becoming a family here, and with that I am enjoying the dynamics between them. Daniel and Titus have become more like father and son than lovers. I thought it would be strange for me to see it like that, but I think on some level that was always how he - Titus - saw the relationship. It is sick and twisted, but in a sense I can see it.

I'm really loving this series and I can't wait to read the next book.