Trisha Harrington's Blog

The Redemption of Callie & Kayden

The Redemption of Callie & Kayden - Jessica Sorensen I'm finally writing my review for this!

So The Redemption of Callie and Kayden is the sequel to the amazing The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden. This takes place directly after the first book, and I'm surprised I loved it as much as I did since people didn't love this as much as the first. And I can see why people didn't love it as much, since the pacing and overall story were sort of slow, but I fell in love with Kayden in this book. And that's a major thing for me since I didn't really fall in love with him like I wanted to.

“She deserves better than the piece of shit I am.”

So this book is longer than the first and it's also slower, but there was something about this book that sucked me in and wouldn't let me out until it was over. I wanted these characters to find some happiness, and for them to be together without life getting in the way and screwing it up for them. For a while, I wondered if they would ever tell people about their secrets or if it would continue on into their next book. I was really happy with the way it was handled in this, and I thought it was pretty realistic in that sense.

We also get more Seth (love him!) and Luke, as well as Callie's roommate, Violet. It was great to see most of the characters who will be getting a book of their own, and I still really adore Seth (yes, I know I mentioned it just a moment ago). He's finally getting his own book [b:Seth & Greyson|20624149|Seth & Greyson (The Coincidence, #8)|Jessica Sorensen|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1393282777s/20624149.jpg|39909566], which I'm ecstatic about. Greyson sounds like an awesome guy and I really can't wait to meet him properly.

This book doesn't have the typical HEA ending. But I'm okay with that. After all, we are getting another book (in a week or two). I'm really glad I stepped out of my m/m bubble to read this book and I will definitely read the rest of the series.