TrishaBoyLove

Trisha Harrington's Blog

Brokenhearted

Brokenhearted - Cate Ashwood This book went from four stars to five after I read the sequel. I just love this couple and their story made me smile, so after thinking about it for a while, I decided to update my rating.

Mack and Oliver, for me, are such a lovable couple. I adored their story from beginning to end and I was so looking forward to them getting a happy ending. I liked the fact Mack had known Oliver's sister, Maggie, before he knew Oliver. And I will admit, I thought the same thing Oliver did about those two. That didn't last long, and I was right back into rooting for this couple (not that I ever really stopped). But I did wonder how it would work out in the end.

The way Cate Ashwood dealt with the heart condition was brilliant! I liked that she didn't mention it and then it was all forgotten about, and I also liked that their reactions to it was realistic. It was a relief when I realized this would play a part in the story because I really do love hospital scenes. Yeah, I can admit it. I like when characters fear they're going to lose their loved ones.

This is the first book in a three book series, and it was definitely an amazing start. I love the whole small town vibe, and the cover on this blew me away, I'll admit it. I think it's very fitting and very pretty. But I also love Cate Ashwood's writing, and her characters are just so lovable.

I loved this book and I am so glad I read it. And because I know what happens to this couple in the next book makes me even happier. I have a feeling this will be my favorite book in the series, but I will have to see what happens. 5 stars!