TrishaBoyLove

Trisha Harrington's Blog

Unexpected Mate

Unexpected Mate  - Toni Griffin Well, this wasn't what I had been expecting. The blurb is a bit misleading because I thought there would be a huge issue with Marcus' parents. There wasn't. No, the only person who had an issue with the gay thing was Marcus. And the ex, Stacey. But that was to be expected.

Brian and Marcus ended up becoming a really nice couple. Not my favorite by any means, but they were really nice together and I did like watching them come together. It didn't feel as forced as it could have been. Actually, I had kinda expected to dislike how forced they felt as a couple. But it didn't happen. I was rooting for them, especially when Stacey got involved.

This is the first book in a series, and I like the idea of the other brothers being gay. It means I can freely like them without being annoyed about not getting their book. And I'm really excited to see what happens with this couple. It would be great to keep building them as a couple and to see how they end up having a child.

Would I recommend this book? Yes. But I think fans of shifters stories would probably like it more than those who don't like shifter books.