Trisha Harrington's Blog

Home Work

Home Work - Kaje Harper Well, I loved Tony and Mac here. They were a realistic couple. Their chemistry was great. I adored the way they acted around each other. As a couple, they are still strong, real, have their issues, but have the strength to get past those issues. Basically, they are grown men. Not silly and arguing over the smallest things.

The writing is another really great thing in this book. I adored the way this book was written. I like it when both characters have their say (in a way) and when a book is well written, it makes me like the book even more.

I also loved the crime solving plot. It was nice to see Mac as a detective and how his relationship with Tony struggles from time to time because of the job. It was frightening when the thing happened in this book. But when it comes to cops, things like that happen the whole time. It was done incredibly well and the aftermath seemed realistic to me. It wasn't forced and even the smallest things get affected when something like that happens. So when Mac wasn't perfect afterwards, I found myself really loving the realism.

There were some things that let this book down, though. The kids. I loved Ben. He was cute. But Anna was too much for me. Anyway, I'm not a huge fan of kids in books. I never have been and I doubt I ever will be. And it's not really anything to do with the book. It's just my own personal thing.

Religion is another thing this series tackles. It annoyed me at times. And it was the reason I found Anna annoying at times. Maybe it's because I'm not the most religious. I did, however, like that Mac and Tony found a way of getting Anna to church when she wanted to go. It was how she was raised, not by them, and they did their best to make her happy with all that. For me, that was one thing I really adored about them as parents.

Overall, this was a really good book. I liked it a lot. But I just didn't love it.