Trisha Harrington's Blog

The Destiny of Violet & Luke

The Destiny of Violet & Luke - Jessica Sorensen I preferred The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden and The Redemption of Callie & Kayden, but this was still a really good book. I loved how dark it got in places and the ending did leave me excited to continue reading.

I will admit, I'm not sure about these two as a couple right now. Both of them have so many issues. Luke with his mom and dad and his addiction problems, and Violet with Preston and the stuff with her parents. And when these two are together, they seem to feed off each other and everything gets worse. They're on a destructive path and I'm not sure how it will end exactly, but it's definitely interesting to me and I cannot wait to see what happens next.

I loved seeing Seth and Greyson in this. I cannot wait for their book. And I kinda wish we could have had a bit more of them. Not that they have to take over the story or anything, but I could have done with a little bit more of them (and Callie and Kayden).

I'm sure this won't be for everyone. The characters aren't always the most likable and they can be frustrating at the best of times. I also think some people will find it hard to connect to them. I found it hard at times myself, but then something would happen or we would find something out about their childhood, and I could see why they were messed up like they were. And I understood why they were trying to forget.

Did I love this book? Yes and no. It was really captivating and I hated having to put it down, but I didn't love it as much as other books, so I think it deserves a 4* or maybe a 4.5* rating. I definitely say go for this if you like NA romances, where the romance isn't the main plot.