Trisha Harrington's Blog

A Dish Served Cold

A Dish Served Cold - Andrew Ashling I'm going to be honest here. This book is not for everyone. And I'm not even sure it was for me. It's dark, gritty, brutal, and not easy on people.

Let me say this, if you like a sweet romance, avoid this book. There is a romance. It can be seen as sweet, I suppose. But there is so much to this book that you really need to be prepared for everything. You can skim this, if you want, but there are parts that might capture your interest and if you don't like darker themes, slavery, you would not like this book.

I'm conflicted about this book. I can't say I liked it. But I can't say I disliked it either. There's not a lot I can say about this without giving away too much.

There are many things about this book. It's abuse and torture. It's a romance between two boys. There is a character that is supposed to be liked, I think. But not everyone will. I'm not sure I even did. And I managed to read the whole thing.

The epilogue was nice... different. I think it finished the book nicely. And I will think on it a bit more. For now, though, I am not rating it while I think on it.