Trisha Harrington's Blog

Ironhearted - Cate Ashwood This was another really good addition to the series and a solid 4 stars from me!

So this was the their and final, I think, book in the Hope Cove series and it was really good. We got to see some past characters again and we got Haydn's story at last. I liked Haydn in the other two books so it was exciting to see him get his own story. He is definitely one of those characters I think you will either love or hate him because he annoys you. I got him, so he was really lovable to me and I saw why he felt the way he did.

I really loved Haydn with Trevor. They had chemistry. Trevor comes with baggage, though... baggage that makes Haydn unsure. I actually didn't mind Violet in this. She was a great kid, she didn't annoy me, and no bitchy mother! The mother wasn't in the story, though the woman was mentioned. And I am so glad she was left out of this. So that made the story a whole lot better for me and I actually believed the whole family bond thing. None of it felt rushed or unrealistic, which I find happens a lot of the time.

It was a really solid book. And the only reason I'm not giving it 5 is because I just loved Mack and Oliver and their story a little bit more. But I can honestly say this is an amazing series and I cannot wait to read more from the author!