Trisha Harrington's Blog

Soldier Mine (Thresl Chronicles, #1)

Soldier Mine (Thresl Chronicles, #1) - Amber Kell This was a really good book. It wasn't overly complicated and I loved seeing Kreslan trying to accept the fact he had a Thresl. There were some things I hadn't seen in a shifter book before that kept me interested while I was reading. One of those being that a Thresl stays in cat form until they find their bonded. Or in Kreslan and Vohne's case, their mate.

The book was kind of short, though. I would have liked a longer, fleshed out ending. It felt like I had been waiting for something incredible to happen in the end. But it didn't. It just kind of ended. Maybe if we had more Bleine after Kreslan did what he did, it would have been a better ending for me.

I also liked the possessiveness of the two MC's. If there is one thing I like in a book it would be a possessive character. When I get two, it makes the book even better for me. Plus you have the centuries of history behind the couple.

This is the start of a series. And for the first book, I had fun reading it. I'd love to see more of these two again, though. And I know there isn't another book with them yet. I will, however, read Bleine's book.

Recommended for people who like shifter books and don't really care so much about how much world building is in a book.