Trisha Harrington's Blog

Sex & Sourdough

Sex & Sourdough - A.J.  Thomas This book was amazing! I'm becoming a huge fan of this author and I can't wait to read more from her in the future.

This book is different from [b:A Casual Weekend Thing|17796292|A Casual Weekend Thing (Least Likely Partnership, #1)|A.J. Thomas|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1365895931s/17796292.jpg|24893819], but there are a couple of similarities, I guess. Sex & Sourdough is about Anders and Kevin. They meet on a hiking trail and because Kevin is quite experienced, he offers to help Anders on the trail. From the beginning there is an attraction but Kevin is sick and he doesn't want to do anything. He doesn't do serious. And Anders is just out of a relationship. I won't say much about the ex, but he is not going to be a favourite character of mine.

The story has a family theme running through it. Both Anders and Kevin have family issues, with Kevin having been estranged from his for a few years. It takes a lot for some of those issues to be resolved, but I like the way it wasn't an instant fix and to me it feels like there could be a sequel if the author wants one.

I love the way the author dealt with Kevin's illness. It's what brings the MC's back together after Anders finishes the hike. It also adds to the love story in a sense, but that might be just my personal taste. It won't be for everyone, and I know this, but I still can say I enjoyed the book.

Definitely worth a read if you like something that has an unexpected twist. Recommended!