Trisha Harrington's Blog

The Guy From Glamour

The Guy From Glamour - Skylar M. Cates Wow, this was even better than I expected. I'm a sucker for stories like this and [b:The Guy From Glamour|19373304|The Guy From Glamour|Skylar M. Cates|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1386758440s/19373304.jpg|27443443] blew me away!

The basic story is pretty easy. Dean is in the military when he finds out his sister has died and she's left a daughter behind. He decides to leave for a few weeks to sort things out. But when he gets there things aren't as easy as he expected.

His niece, Nicki, is struggling to deal with her moms death. And he has no idea how to get through to her. On top of that he meets a guy, Anthony, who happens to be her guidance counsellor in school. Anthony's parents are the ones looking after Nicki when he gets back to the states.

I really did love this book. Anthony and Dean were a nice couple, and Nicki fit in perfectly with everything. She wasn't annoying and her reaction when Dean came out was sweet. I also liked the dynamic that developed between her and Dean. It took time and the way Nicki reacted to things felt realistic. Nothing felt forced.

The interactions between Anthony's family was really good too. I liked the fact they were all supportive and seemed to be close. It's always nice to see a happy family in m/m books.

If you are looking for a really nice easy romance with two great characters, then this one is for you. If you want something with a good, supportive family. Then this is for you. Highly recommend it!