Trisha Harrington's Blog

Snowblind - Rose Christo My first book of 2014 and it is a Rose Christo book! I am a huge fan of this author. Why? Because she writes amazing stories that tug at my heartstrings and stays with me for a long time after. She has a beautiful writing style and I adore her topics of choice.

Shawn is a 22 year old blind man. He was blinded as a young boy because of a foster parent. If you have read [b:Gives Light|15810499|Gives Light (Gives Light, #1)|Rose Christo|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1344491925s/15810499.jpg|21535494] you will understand why he had a foster parent. Anyway, he has lived his life since that incident, very closed off and alone. He freely admits he is selfish and doesn't care, but there is more to him than even he knows about.

He meets Melanie, a little 9 year old native girl. Of course he doesn't realize that she's native himself. He also meets her adoptive father, Kenneth. Meeting these two people changes his life.

Together, the three of them travel six hundred and sixty miles to save a woman who wants to commit suicide. The trip brings the three closer together and Shawn's heart starts to melt just a little. I love that about him, he seemed cold, but deep down he was just a little lost boy. It was very sweet.

There are shocks in this book. I won't give anything away because they made the story even better for me. What I will say is, I loved the characters and I loved the story. The writing is just the cherry on top in my eyes. I can't fault the story because although it's not the most romantic, the romance was believable and I wanted Kenneth and Shawn to find happiness together, they both deserved it.

If you are a fan of this authors work, you should really check this one out from her. Highly recommended!