TrishaBoyLove

Trisha Harrington's Blog

Mark Cooper versus America

Mark Cooper versus America - Lisa Henry, J.A. Rock This book is amazing!

I always wanted to write a review for this, but for some reason I just never got around to it. That's about to change right now because this is one of my favorite books ever and it's also a favorite read of 2014 for me.

Mark and Deacon were both awesome characters. I loved them both equally and definitely have a soft spot for them. Mark, the grumpy, rebellious guy and Deacon, the hard working and slightly geeky guy. Something about these two made me smile a lot! I loved their first scene and I loved every scene between them after that. They complimented each other and made me root for them from the very beginning. I love how well they worked together and the fact they stood by each other and were there for each other really melted my heart.

They were also incredibly sweet and hot together. There was a scene I wasn't sure about, but it was so emotional and wonderful. I loved it in the end and I was glad it was there.

The fraternity stuff in this was interesting. I liked that even though a lot of stuff I didn't agree with happened, the whole system wasn't vilified. Most of the brothers were genuinely nice guys and a few of them seemed really sweet. Especially Blake. Bengal, on the other hand, I did not like. Not even a little bit. I believe he got what he deserved in the end... though I'd have been fine with more happening to him.

Would I recommend this? Hell yes! Will I read it again? Definitely! I'm so glad I read it and it's definitely on my favorites list. Awesome, awesome, awesome book. Go read it!