Trisha Harrington's Blog

Catch a Ghost

Catch a Ghost - S.E. Jakes I wasn't expecting to love this book as much as I did. I don't know why, I just had that feeling. So I put of reading this for a long time. And I mean a long time. It's been ages since I first saw this book, and it's been a while since I bought it. I'm regretting it now. Seriously, this was an amazing read! I'm so annoyed I didn't give it a chance sooner.

I love Prophet and Tommy. Absolutely love them. They're so good together. I love the chemistry between them, and the sex is smoking hot. I was in the mood for some good sex, and that's what I got. As well as two amazing alpha men who really, really have issues. Yeah, both of these guys have some personal stuff to work out. And I'm excited to see where the series goes with that. I'm looking forward to it. And some more hot sex.

I loved both MC's. Prophet a bit more so. I just adore him. There's something about the arrogant, snarky characters who are good guys underneath that gets to me. I also have a thing for guys with demons for some reason. But don't ask me what those reasons are because I don't know. Oh, but the fact Prophet is a military guy helps my love for him.

Tommy, oh Tommy. He has his issues, too. He's got a gift, a gift that he believes has cursed him. And he has a bit of a temper on him, to say the least. I loved his character and I want more of him, I just didn't love him quite as much as Prophet.

There are similarities to Ty and Zane from Abigail Roux's Cut & Run series. People have been saying it in their reviews, and I wondered if that would bother me. It didn't, luckily enough. I love C&R and I love this book, but I do see the differences among the similarities.

The ending is actually not a huge issue for me. Had this been a standalone, it would be. But it's not, and there is more to come, so I'm not really bothered by the not-so-happy ending.