TrishaBoyLove

Trisha Harrington's Blog

Out There in the Night

Out There in the Night  - Laura Baumbach I was torn with this book. I'll admit it. The story was decent, the sex was hot, and I loved the couple. But there was a thing with Connor, one of the MC's. He was unconscious for almost half of the book (or a large percentage anyway) and it meant I didn't get to know him as well as some of the other characters.

Saying that, however, I decided on 4.5 stars rounded up because I loved the book.

It's a bit of a different take on shifters, for me anyway. And I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Connor and Adam made a great couple, despite everything. And I really loved Adam. He wasn't the kind of character you read everything, but I still fell in love with him and I thought he was the perfect mate for Connor.

Another thing that bugged me but didn't actually take from the story was Greg, Connors ex. In the beginning, I really hated him and I didn't enjoy his part in the book. Those feelings mellowed to a point of meh for me. Basically, I didn't really care one way or the other. Good or bad? It's hard to know. I guess the sequel, if it's about him and Mitch (pronounced Me-ATH-chae).

I'm a fan of shifters, sometimes, and this was one of the better ones I've read. So I'm happy I got to buddy read this. Plus the books really cheap, so that made it even better (in my opinion anyway) and it made me curious about a sequel.