TrishaBoyLove

Trisha Harrington's Blog

A Matter of Time, Vol. 1 (#1-2)

A Matter of Time, Vol. 1 (#1-2) - Mary Calmes I have always loved this series, and this book contains volumes one and two of the A Matter of Time series. Is it perfect? Nah. But I still love reading these characters and I always love revisiting a couple and their beginning.

Mary Calmes is amazing at writing these types of pairings and I have to admit, I love them! I've always had a thing for possessive guys and in this, Sam is possessive as hell! So that kind of hits the right spot with me and it always makes me happy.

Even though there were times I wanted to whack Sam on the head, this was so close to perfection it isn't even funny. Jory, he was just lovable and cute and sweet, and I kind of felt bad for him at times. He was just everything Sam needed and I wanted Sam to be everything he needed. But it doesn't really happen like that in this book. They have things to get over first and that's why this series is so amazing. It works! You actually feel the growth (or I did) in their relationship.

The fact Sam's family are so great too, it just made me happy. And the there's Dane and he's great too. There are very few unlikable characters in the series. There was one I really disliked pretty much straight true, but others probably liked him, so... yeah.

Overall, this is a really sugary sweet book. Some might not like that and others will devour it. Personally, I was one of the latter. And I highly recommend it if you want a fun, sweet read.