Trisha Harrington's Blog

Pretty Poison

Pretty Poison - Kari Gregg This won't be for everyone, but I really enjoyed this book. The two characters, Noah and Wade, were interesting and I thought they made a pretty good couple in the end. But this book isn't your typical insta-love shifter story. Yes, there is a strong pull in the beginning, but both characters admitted it wasn't love. So that made this book a nicer read for me in general. Still, I didn't fall in love with this book, although it was very close at times.

Out of the two characters, I probably loved Noah more. He was feisty and even with his disability, he was strong. There was nothing weak about him. Though I did agree with him when he said others treated him that way at times. I could understand it and I knew why they were doing it. I just didn't agree with it necessarily. Another thing I really loved about Noah was the fact he wasn't afraid to stand up to his mate. It was comical at times, which added a lighter element to the story when it could have taken a darker turn had Noah been afraid of Wade.

Wade grew on me throughout the book. At first, I will admit, I wasn't his biggest fan. But he did prove himself to me in the end. It took a while, though. Maybe that's why this wasn't a 5 star read for me.

Overall, this was a great story. There were faults and I would have changed a couple of things myself. But I loved Noah so much and I did end up really liking Noah and Wade as a couple. Plus the mpreg aspect was nice, and well done since it showed Wade's concern. So yeah, I'd highly recommend this one!