Trisha Harrington's Blog

The Truth about Riley

The Truth about Riley - Henrietta Clarke I was blown away by this story. Yes, it's very slow for the most part, and yes, it doesn't have a lot of sex scenes. But if you can get past those things, you might just see the beautiful love story happening here. And that's what it felt like to me, a beautiful love story between two guys who have been damaged in some way.

The way Cam and Riley met was definitely... different. It was a good kind of different, though. They came together and it sort of developed slowly and with feeling. Sometimes authors don't get the feeling right and it can take away from the romance, and when you're reading a romance for the romance, it can be hard to like the book when you don't feel the couple. But I felt Riley and Cam. And even though they didn't become a couple for a large portion of the book, I couldn't dislike it. They were just so obviously meant to be. It's hard to describe because I know this book won't be for everyone, but I will say; if you give this book a go, be prepared for a slow burner.

The ending was abrupt and we're informed there will be a sequel to this sometime early this year. Honestly, I'm kinda relieved about that because a) I don't want to let go of this couple and b) I think there is a lot more we can get from them still. I would love to see them build something that can last off the phone, and to see how they grow and develop as a couple. But maybe that's just me.

Overall, this has to be one of my favorite stories. I'm so sad it took me so long to read this because it really is a lovely story and one I would love to read again sometime.