Trisha Harrington's Blog

Following Chase - J.J. Scotts **May contain some spoilers**

Following Chase was a really nice sequel to Being Chase. And I enjoyed it just as much as the first book. But the ending? Well, that totally left me screaming for more.

This isn't the most romantic sequel I've ever read. But I really enjoyed the development of the two characters both individually and together. It wasn't what I was expecting and for a while, I wondered if that would work for me or not. I was reading it waiting for something to happen between the two of them that would lead them to getting together. Honestly, I had hoped they would get together in this one. It wasn't to be, though.

Instead what we did get was a bit of a mystery. The mystery of Chase, that is. Throughout this book, I grew more and more curious about Chase. He's a bit of an ass, but the darkness in him means I'll love him anyway. I have a feeling he might surprise a lot of people, I hope so at least.

Overall, this book had me curious, excited, and needing more. I was kinda shocked by the ending since the last book ended so differently. But that isn't a bad thing. So I am ready for more!

ARC of this book was provided by the author in exchange for a fair and honest review.